TANGAZO


Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tev: Juve have more ambition

Striker's parting shot at Manchester City

 ... Tevez has moved to Juventus
SUITS YOU ... Tevez gives the thumbs up after completing his move to Juventus
And Tevez, who won the Champions League with Manchester United in 2008, believes he has a much greater chance of tasting European glory again with the Italian giants.
Speaking at his Juve unveiling, the striker said: “When four years ago I started playing at Manchester City the goal was to play in the Champions League and to win the Premier League.
“The goals here are even higher because Juventus is a very strong club who want to WIN the Champions League.
“Everyone wants to win the Champions League. We are a very strong team so this is our dream.”
Tevez insists it was his decision to quit City — and he was not pushed out by new boss Manuel Pellegrini.
And the former Boca Juniors and Corinthians star revealed he had his heart set on Juve as soon as he heard of the Old Lady’s interest.
BEST OF THE VEST ... Tevez undertakes his Juventus medical
BEST OF THE VEST ... Tevez undertakes his Juventus medical
Tevez, who has signed a three-year deal, said: “I spoke to Manuel and I told him about my will to come to Juventus because I thought my cycle in Manchester was over.
“He understood. He just wanted to understand my point of view.
“Juventus was the only club that made great effort to sign me and showed great interest.
“I made my decision as soon as I started talking to them.
“Italy has a great league. I’ve always had a dream to play in Italy and to play for this club.”
Tevez has been handed Juve’s iconic No10 shirt which had been unclaimed since club legend Alessandro Del Piero left Turin for Sydney last summer.
START THE CAR ... Tevez is all smiles in Turin as he carries a Juventus branded bag
START THE CAR ... Tevez is all smiles in Turin as he carries a Juventus bag
The Argie admits it is an honour to wear a jersey also worn by Michel Platini and Roberto Baggio.
But he insists he will be unphased by the challenge, having in the past taken Diego Maradona’s former No10 shirt at Boca Juniors.
Tevez added: “I feel the responsibility of wearing this number and I am aware of the great responsibility of representing Juventus and playing for the club.
“This number is certainly a great challenge as top players have worn it before.
“I was No10 with Boca before and Maradona played in it too, so I have that great responsibility again now.
“Obviously I didn’t want to forget Del Piero. He is a person and player that I greatly respect and who certainly represents an emblem and symbol of esteem.
“It is a great pleasure and honour to wear this jersey with his number.”

No comments:

Post a Comment